As per the Turkish Airlines’ name change policy, all air tickets must have a valid and legal first name, middle name, or last name. The name on the ticket and the government-issued ID must be the same to confirm your authenticity.
Here is how passengers’ names can be changed under the Turkish Airlines’ name correction policy. You will explore different methods of making a Turkish Airlines Name change on tickets.
Different Methods to Confirm Your Turkish Ticket Name Change
The passengers of Turkish Airlines can correct or change their names with ease by visiting their official portal online. Alternatively, the request for a name change under the Turkish Airlines name change policy can be submitted to the official customer care department.
Turkish Airlines Name Correction policy allows you to make minor changes online such as typing mistakes, miss-spellings, inverted names, etc. However, if you just got married or divorced, these situations come under the category of a major change and need you to call the customer service department for confirmation of name changes.
Keep reading further to know more about these online and offline methods of making flight name change in detail.
Approach 1: Online Name Change
- On the main website- turkishairlines.com, navigate to the option “Manage.”
- Put the 6-digit ticket reference number along with the last name of the ticket holder in the given fields under the “Manage my booking” tab.
- Click on the “Change” button, and choose ‘Türkiye Hava Yolları name change request’ from the pre-defined options.
- According to the Turkish Airlines name change policy, you can only modify up to 4 characters in your first, middle, or last names. So, accordingly, make the changes.
- Click on “Save.”
- On the checkout window, pay the application fee as well as the fare difference and confirm the changes.
- Once done, you will get an official confirmation email from Turkish Airlines.
Approach 2: Name Change Request Over the Call
Under the Turkish Airlines name correction policy, you can make your name change request by calling the customer care department. The officials will offer you all the required support for the Turkish ticket name change.
- Over the call, the representative will ask you for important booking details such as your last name and 6-digit reference number.
- He/she will ask you for the required changes such as minor or major. Communicate your concern well.
- You may also need to submit legal documents in case major name change.
- Then, he/she will let you know about the name change fee amount; once you make the payment, your request will be processed and confirmed with an official email.
You can clarify all your doubts on the call regarding this amazing name-change policy.